Programs > Brochure
San Isidro, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Time Away:||Summer||Housing options:||Homestay|
|Program Group:||International Internship Program||Duration of Program:||8 or more weeks|
|Program Adviser:||Shahreen Rahman|
Called the “AirBnB of creative spaces,” Wimet is Latin America’s first online marketplace that allows people to publish, discover, and rent unique spaces for meetings, events, and productions. The company connects professionals and creators who need a special space so that their ideas can come to life, providing access to previously unavailable and undiscovered spaces. Wimet’s mission is to be a source of inspiration that helps businesses and people to find, create, and live memorable experiences in one-of-a-kind spaces. The company seeks to work with interns who share their attitude and their vision to change how and where people choose to work, meet, and celebrate.
1. Graphic & Web Design Intern
This role is for a UI designer/developer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on HTML/CSS, who can create intuitive and visually attractive designs to present the portfolio of products and solutions. The IIP intern will work in collaboration with the Development Team in order to make sure that the company’s products are unique and transform complex concepts into easy user interfaces. The intern will have his or her own desk, Mac with two monitors, and the freedom to manage the software necessary.
- Empathize with and understand the clients’ needs.
- Participate in the platform design process and new development.
- Implement different website interfaces with incredible designs.
- Develop graphic materials for marketing campaigns.
Minimum Spanish level required: Intermediate
2. Communications & Social Media Intern
This role is for a creative and analytical person who is full of energy and eager to help Wimet to strengthen and grow its community. As the content and social media manager, the IIP intern will be responsible for increasing the engagement level of the user and the reach and impact of proactive social media campaigns. As an expert storyteller, the intern will help to show Wimet’s unique proposal and the potential of the product.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, administer, and execute a content marketing strategy that represents the company’s brand, the users’ interests, and the community’s participations.
- Develop user testimonials, and work with the internal team (marketing, product, operations, and local teams) and external resources (agencies, producers, influencers, industry leaders) in order to produce and promote content.
- Collaborate with the marketing team in order to develop a growth strategy in social media.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest) and develop and publish daily messages according to a plan.
- Facilitate and moderate conversations about the brand and relate with current and potential users in multiple online channels.
- Oversee ongoing content in order to analyze results and create reports on key metrics.
- Manage the content of the marketing calendar, including events, the brand, the product, and promotional messages, by way of email campaigns, blog posts, magazines, and social media.
Strong communication and writing skills, with experience in social media communications, online community management, and community building. Candidate with an initiative that thrives in a collaborative environment. Passion for innovation, constant learning, and the execution of best practices. Solid organizational and project management skills related to planning and implementation of new initiatives. Capacity to understand the brand’s voice and conceptualize all components of brand development, including visual and design effects. Photography skills are a plus.
Minimum Spanish level required: Advanced
This internship is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad. In the internship through Puentes, interns will undertake project-based work that is designed to directly contribute to one of the internship site’s key work areas so that they gain real experience and know-how through substantial, mission-driven work. The internships are overseen by Puentes and are complemented by homestay housing.
|Dates / Deadlines:|