Programs > Brochure
Porto, Portugal (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Program Features:||Community Service, Field Work, Intensive Language, Lab Based Work, Research|
|Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students||Time Away:||Summer|
|Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization||Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About: Founded in 1946, the Mota‑Engil Group is today a multinational company with its activity focused on the construction and management of infrastructures, which is divided into the areas of Engineering and Construction, Environment and Services, Transport Concessions, Energy, Multi-services, Concessions of Infrastructures of Transports, and Mining.
Leader in Portugal and with a consolidated position in the ranking of the 30 largest European construction groups, Mota‑Engil is present in 3 continents and 28 countries, divided into three geographical areas – Europe, Africa and Latin America.
With holdings in 278 companies and a multicultural teams of approximately 30,000 employees worldwide, Mota-Engil assumes a position in the market according to the values and cultural identity of the organization, grounded in a unique and integrated strategic vision for the Mota-Engil of the future: a more international, innovative and competitive Group on the global scale.
"Africans in Africa, Iberian-Americans in Latin America, Europeans in Europe, but we are Mota-Engil worldwide." – Eng. António Mota, Chairman of the Board of Directors
For a better idea of what we are, we invite you to access the following links:
Intern Responsibilities:The trainee will have the opportunity to conduct a wide range of activities in fields of design, construction, management and operation of infrastructures, where he / she will have contact with projects in various business areas and in different stages in the construction process.
The intern's responsibilities can then include:
- Follow up the technical areas in order to support the production teams, in areas such as equipment management, topography, safety & quality, planning & cost control and project development;
- Assist in the preparation and operationalization of the commercial proposals by collecting and analyzing information and preparing tender documents;
- Assist in activities inherent to the design area, prepare and check detailed technical designs, liaise with production teams to ensure that the output results are optimized;
- Assist in the contractual and financial side of construction projects, participating in activities such as measurements, project budgets, monitor cash flow and ongoing adjustments to the budget projections;
- Follow the execution of the works project on site, supporting all relevant tasks and contributing to the project's overall progress.
Qualifications: In Mota-Engil Group, we value a positive, dynamic and proactive attitude, with a critical mind, desire to learn and openness to new challenges. Interns with a base academic background in the fields such as Engineering, Economics and Management are encouraged to apply.
|Dates / Deadlines:|