Programs > Brochure
Eastern College Consortium in Bologna
Bologna, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||Study Abroad OIP||Program Type:||Study Abroad (semester)|
|Language of Instruction:||Italian||Language Prerequisite:||Yes|
|Program Features:||Academic Study||Degree Level:||3 - Sophomore, 4 - Junior, 5 - Senior|
|Time Away:||Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester||Housing options:||Apartment|
|Program Group:||Study Abroad OIP||Program Adviser:||Gisella Gisolo|
Eastern College Consortium at Università di Bologna
Vassar College, Wellesley College, and Wesleyan University offer this study abroad program at the Università di Bologna in Italy.The program is committed to high academic standards and to providing opportunities for students to develop their knowledge of Italian language and culture in one of the most venerable and prestigious academic environments in Europe.Undergraduates wishing to study humanities and social sciences may enroll for the fall or spring semester or for the full academic year.
Features of the program include:
- An intensive language and orientation program (mandatory for students with less then four semesters and optional for those who have completed at least four semesters of Italian language) is offered in Lecce in August prior to the beginning of the fall semester in Bologna.
- A wide range of courses in all disciplines at the Università di Bologna is available for students with at least two full years of college-level Italian. The program arranges a broad selection of humanities and social science courses in Italian studies for its participants.
- An extensive program of cultural events and activities is designed to use local resources and thereby enhance students’ experiences in the community.
- Accommodations are in student housing arranged by the program.
Students interested in applying to this program must complete two separate processes:
- Apply directly to the program. Visit the program website directly for application instructions and deadlines. Please note that program application deadlines are often earlier than Princeton approval deadlines.
- Complete the Princeton approval process. You may download the course approval form and instructions from your GPS application. Click “apply now” on this brochure to access these items. Check GPS for Princeton’s approval deadlines.
|Dates / Deadlines:|