Programs > Brochure
Petition for Semester Study Abroad Program -TBD
To Be Determined, TBD (Outgoing Program)
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||Study Abroad OIP||Program Type:||Study Abroad (semester)|
|Program Features:||Academic Study, Intensive Language, Lab Based Work, Music Performance, Research||Degree Level:||3 - Sophomore, 4 - Junior, 5 - Senior|
|Time Away:||Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester||Program Group:||Study Abroad OIP|
Petition to Attend a Non-Approved Program or UniversityThe Office of International Programs provides students with a list of approved semester study abroad programs in GPS. These programs have been reviewed for quality and for their compatibility with Princeton academic programs. Students interested in attending a program that is not on the approved list must petition to have the program approved on a one-time basis.
Your petition to attend a non-approved program/university is only one piece of the study abroad application process. Please be sure that you are also following the normal processes for applying to study abroad, and that you submit all required application materials directly to the program by their deadline.
Petitions will not be accepted for the following programs:
- service-learning programs
- programs that travel to multiple locations
- programs that do not offer a minimum of 15 credits (equivalent of four Princeton courses) per semester
- programs that are located in places that are off-limits to undergraduates due to the University Travel Policy
Petition Application ProcessIn order to petition for a program, follow these steps:
1. Meet with a study abroad adviser to discuss the program you are interested in, your goals and interests, and the petition process
2. Begin your petition application by clicking "apply now" on this brochure in GPS. Login to GPS to complete all required items listed in your petition application by the deadline.
The petition application includes:
- a letter describing the relevance of the program to your academic goals at Princeton and why current approved programs do not meet your academic needs
- a letter of support from a faculty member who can assess the program either because of his/her area of expertise or because of knowledge of the program/university
- published information about the program, including a description of the academic program, housing, and support services, and information about the administrative structure and costs, as well as any other relevant information
Petition DeadlinesFall program petitions are due April 15th
Spring program petitions are due October 15th
It is strongly recommended that you complete your petition early.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2018||10/13/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete pre-departure materials prior to the term's application deadline.