Programs > Brochure
IIP-Stiftung Solarenergie, Philippines
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Program Features:||Community Service, Field Work|
|Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students||Time Away:||Summer|
|Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization||Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About:Stiftung Solarenergie Philippines (SSP) aims to empower rural and marginalized villages throughout the Philippines by providing access to sustainable solar energy solutions. SSP achieves this mission in the following ways:
• Partnering for Change:SSP takes time to understand the context and challenges of partner communities and work together with them and other local stakeholders to co-design and implement a range of suitable interventions that yield significant, long-lasting impact.
• Appropriate and Renewable Technology: SSP introduces appropriate, highly-efficient, solar powered solutions that address the specific needs identified by their partner communities at low ongoing cost.
• Sustainability: SSP works with and trains partner communities to put in place the foundations for long-term program sustainability: a culture of commitment and accountability, local technical capability, a sustainable financial model, the right organization and governance, and connectivity to markets and their solar value chain.
• Replicable and Scalable: SSP designs and documents their programs to be high-impact, cost-effective, and easily replicable in a rural setting. SSP sustains a trajectory of growth by nurturing solar value chains in priority regions with like-minded organizations.
Intern Responsibilities: IIP interns directly support our mission of empowering rural communities through the deployment of solar solutions. Projects for summer 2018 include:
- Assisting Program Support Officer with marketing materials and social media presence. Will most likely help produce videos of the various project areas, help create a fresh social media plan, and write press releases and articles relevant for promoting the foundation.
- Assisting Technical team in tracking inventory and checking status of PV systems in the foundation’s inventory. Will most likely work with the technical team to produce a more efficient inventory monitoring and tracking system as well as troubleshoot small PV systems for repair and warranty claims.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed