Programs > Brochure
IIP-Baboro International Festival for the Arts for Children
Galway, Ireland (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students|
|Time Away:||Summer||Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization|
|Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About: Baboró is Ireland’s flagship International Arts Festival for Children and Families. The festival presents a week of Irish and International work for children and families. The festival provides access to quality work from a growing number of Irish companies creating work for children and families. At the heart of the organization’s activities is access to the arts for all children, regardless of their geographic, economic, physical, intellectual, or cultural status.
Intern Responsibilities: As an essential part of the team preparing for this annual Festival in October, the IIP intern will be responsible for:
- Collating information on the performing companies coming to Baboró: This involves contacting the performing companies and obtaining information on names of company members traveling to Galway, photographs, videos, marketing material, descriptions of the productions, technical specifications, etc.
- Updating the Artist and Delegates Welcome Pack: All of the artists and delegates receive this welcome pack upon arrival in Galway. It provides information about Galway, places to eat, places of interest, information on Baboró and its mission, and information on all of the companies performing in Galway and their productions. The information the IIP intern collates on each company will form the basis of this pack - they will write a description of the company, a description of the show and list the names of the company who will be in Galway during the festival and add photos. They will also update the general information in the pack if necessary.
- Brochure Draft: Using the collated information on the companies and the text written, the IIP intern will begin the draft of the brochure. This draft will give basic information for each show and will be sent to the designer for the first draft of the brochure.
- Updating Baboró Website: Using the collated information and the draft of the brochure, the IIP intern will learn how to edit the website via WordPress and will create company and production pages.
- Update Teacher Packs: We provide free teacher pre-and-post engagement packs to encourage teachers to explore the arts with the class, prior to and following attendance at Baboró events. The IIP intern will update these packs with information on venues, companies and productions.
Qualifications: IIP candidates with an interest in the arts are encouraged to apply. Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as proven experience of working well in a team are recommended.
|Dates / Deadlines:|