Programs > Brochure
IIP-Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Paris, France (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students|
|Time Away:||Summer||Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization|
|Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About: The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is a unique forum where governments work together to address the economic, social and environmental challenges of globalization. The mission of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. They measure productivity and global flows of trade and investment.They analyze and compare data to predict future trends. They set international standards on a wide range of things, from agriculture and tax to the safety of chemicals. They also look at issues that directly affect everyone’s daily life, like how much people pay in taxes and social security, and how much leisure time they can take. They compare how different countries’ school systems are readying their young people for modern life, and how different countries’ pension systems will look after their citizens in old age. They work with business, through the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD, and with labour, through the Trade Union Advisory Committee. The common thread of their work is a shared commitment to market economies backed by democratic institutions and focused on the well being of all citizens.
Intern Responsibilities: IIP interns will work on projects in one or more of the following areas: Editorial, Social Media, Video/Multimedia, Frankfurt Bookfair.
- Editorial- The IIP intern will evaluatemanuscripts; copy-edit, prepare content for and updating website and/or social media channels, write short briefs (databanks, blurbs), proof-check manuscripts or proofing texts, charts, etc.; provide logistical and administrative support for preparing editorial planning meetings and workshops; assist with conferences/meetings; and provide project assistance in reviewing and improving system for translated publications, updating and completing publishing and editorial guidelines, maintaining freelance editor roster (networking and outreach), advancing work on content enrichment (market research, system tagging, etc.), dissemination auditing and the like.
- Social Media- The IIP intern will help to maintain, grow and innovate OECD presence on social media; assist in social media campaigns, draft reports and record metric; research influencers for OECD social media platforms; draft social media content as needed for Twitter, Facebook, and other corporate platforms; assist with creating presentations about OECD social media for internal and external use; research and suggest innovative uses of social media to expand OECD’s community and help organise an OECD-hosted social media event for public institutions.
- Video/Multimedia- The IIP intern will help contribute to video and photo content for organisation-wide and external dissemination via website and social media. The intern will also assist with creating presentations about OECD social media for internal and external use.
- Frankfurt bookfair: The IIP intern will participate in the activities of the editorial and rights unit; more particularly she/he will assist in the preparation of the Frankfurt bookfair and of the Rights catalogue. This will include: collecting information from the authors and editors on selected publications; editing of short descriptive texts; gathering the core information; coordinating with the production department for the design and production of the catalogue; testing reviewing and improving system for translated publications; updating and completing publishing and editorial guidelines; maintaining freelance editor roster (networking and outreach); advancing work on content enrichment (market research, system tagging, etc.); preparing the Rights catalogue and other catalogues for the Frankfurt Book Fair dissemination auditing. She/he will be requested to read and evaluate manuscripts (for coherence, pertinence and consistency), copy-edit (and possibly write) articles, blogs, tweets, etc., and assist in preparing manuscripts for production.S/he will also attend weekly editorial board meetings
- Editorial- Solid and demonstrated skills in writing, editing and publishing; strong organizational and computer skills; graphics, social media and multimedia skills are recommended.
- Social Media- Strong writing or social media drafting skills; practical experience using social media platforms, especially Twitter and/or Facebook, and LinkedIn; experience using social media tools such as dashboards, URL shorteners, and/or analytical software are recommended.
- Video/Multimedia- Experience in video making/shooting and working with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro; practical experience using graphic software such as Motion, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; use of Flickr, and/or Instagram and other social media would be as asset. IIP candidates with interests in Visual arts, Multimedia, Visual communications are encouraged to apply. A basic knowledge of both Apple Mac & Windows environments beneficial.
- Frankfurt Book Fair - Solid and demonstrated skills in writing, editing and publishing; strong organizational and computer skills; graphics, social media and multimedia skills; and logistical management experience of events are recommended.
|Dates / Deadlines:|