Programs > Brochure
Beijing, China (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students||Time Away:||Summer|
|Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization||Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About: StepStone Group is a global private markets specialist that currently oversees $240 billion of private capital allocations, including $40 billion of assets under management. In 2017, StepStone allocated more than $31 billion across partnerships, secondary investments and co-investments on behalf of some of the world’s most influential and sophisticated investors. The Firm’s Partners are supported by 350+ professionals across 16 offices globally.
StepStone launched its first Asia office in Beijing in 2010 — an effort that was co-led by Firm CEO Monte Brem and Asia Partner Weichou Su. Since then, the Firm has assembled a strong team of 18 private equity professionals across five offices, highlighting the Firm’s commitment to the region. Since 2009, StepStone has invested over $4 billion into Asian private equity through fund investments, co-investments and secondaries.
Intern Responsibilities: IIP interns will work across StepStone’s entire private equity platform, including primaries, secondaries and co-investments. Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing market research using publicly available information and proprietary databases to identify, quantify and analyze macroeconomic trends across a variety of industry sectors;
- Interpreting financial analyses prepared by target fund managers, including investment track records and financial statement analysis;
- Preparing valuation analyses on private companies using multiples from comparable public companies and precedent transactions;
- Assessing marketing and supporting materials of prospective fund managers to identify key value drivers and important areas for further investigation;
- Conducting phone interviews with senior executives to gather insights and information regarding the style and effectiveness of target fund managers.
Qualifications: IIP candidates with interests in economics, finance, investing and private equity are encouraged to apply. Technical skills in qualitative research, and quantitative modeling would be an asset. Proficiency in both verbal and written Mandarin is highly recommended.
|Dates / Deadlines:|