The eLab Summer Associate internship is a fabulous opportunity for Princeton students interested in entrepreneurship and startups but aren't quite ready to launch their own venture. Students will be exposed to all aspects of startup business activities as well as participate in a variety of workshops, social events, and meetings over the course of the 10-week program. Make new friends, learn about startup life, and have a fun, exciting summer!
Associates will work as a team to assist Keller Center staff with all aspects of the eLab Summer Accelerator Program, including the day-to-day organization and operations of the eLab, direct contact with the eLab teams, mentors, advisors, Keller Center staff and faculty. Associates will serve as liaisons between teams and Keller staff and participate in weekly sync-up meetings and updates. A key component of the role is to help coordinate events and social gatherings, weekend activities/day trips (if in-person summer programs are reinstated by the University)
, game nights, and other fun activities, with a goal of building community among eLab teams and other students on campus.
- Work closely with eLab faculty advisors and staff, distribute curriculum material to teams
- Create and send weekly informational bulletin to eLab teams (includes weekly schedule, upcoming events, announcements, readings, etc.)
- Assist Keller Center program manager and program coordinator with event coordination, catering, setup/cleanup at the Hub facility (if in-person summer programs are reinstated by the University)
- Plan social activities for the eLab teams, including boot camp and orientation events
- Conduct interviews with eLab teams to compile "team highlights" section for newsletter
- Create and share fresh, relevant content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Participate in weekly status update meetings with Keller staff and eLab faculty advisors, entails tracking and meeting weekly with teams to document team progress
- Create and maintain Google Drive in which all relevant eLab program documentation will be uploaded and accessed by eLab teams and Keller staff
- Constant interaction with eLab teams to ensure active participation and success of program
- Assist with eLab Demo Day planning and logistics as well as provide full support on the days of the events
- Maintain an active presence at the Entrepreneurial Hub and help maintain a positive, collaborative startup culture in the Hub and around campus (if in-person summer programs are reinstated by the University)
Dates, Hours & Compensation
- Open to first year students, sophomores, and juniors from any major
- Amazing organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Leadership skills and a proactive, team-player attitude
- Ideal candidates are passionate entrepreneurs, creative innovators, and energetic communicators!
Location (if in-person)
- Sunday, June 6, 2021 - Saturday, August 14, 2021
- Candidates who can be available in late April and early May for occasional planning meetings will receive top consideration.
- Summer Hours: Monday through Friday 9am-5pm EST (approximately), with some evening hours for social events
- Weekends, infrequently but may be necessary if a beach or city excursion is planned (if in-person summer programs are reinstated by the University)
- $5,000 stipend (paid in two installments) for the 10-week program
- Free on-campus housing for the program duration (if in-person summer programs are reinstated by the University)
- Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub @ 34 Chambers Street | Princeton, NJ
- Some on- and off-campus activities
For questions, please contact Manda Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Stephanie Landers: email@example.com