Programs > Brochure
IIP-Aidha - Singapore
Singapore, Singapore (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students|
|Time Away:||Summer||Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization|
|Program Group:||International Internship Program||Duration of Program:||8 or more weeks|
|Program Adviser:||Shahreen Rahman|
Aidha is an award winning Singapore-registered charity. Aidha's mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Started initially under the auspices of UNIFEM (now UN Women), Aidha became an organisation in its own right in 2006. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,500 women and their families and communities. Aidha provides training in money management, computer, leadership and entrepreneurship skills. They conduct classes on Sundays (when most foreign domestic workers have their day off) at their campus at United World College in Dover. On any one Sunday, there are between 200-250 students attending classes and about 35 - 50 volunteers conducting these classes.
#1. Program Intern
Aidha is developing a suite of financial education short courses for Foreign Domestic Workers that will provide practical information to inform specific important financial decisions. These short courses aim to be the perfect complement to Aidha’s existing long courses, which aim to inculcate long term behavior change. Potential topics to be developed: buying property in the Philippines, choosing low-risk investments, health and life insurance in Indonesia etc. The intern can help to develop one short course on a specific topic, from initial research to course writing support. The IIP intern will have the following responsibilities.
- Support the development of short courses.
- Support main core curriculum review, including checking formats, and collecting useful resources.
- Investigate current curriculum certification with Filipino and Indonesian Embassies.
- Analyze the participants feedback of the Aidha Introduction workshops and create a specific report with further recommendations.
- Daily administrative support.
- Support the coordination of the Low Income Women curriculum program
- Conduct specific research on Alumni database to investigate on Aidha's long-term impact
- Support online content creation to offer online resources on Aidha's website to make financial education resources more accessible, interactive, and useful for women migrant workers. This content will support and guide as well Foreign Domestic Worker’s employers in their decision making for the well-being and financial security of their employee.
#2. Marketing & Communications Intern
Aidha is looking for an intern to contribute to the marketing and communications initiatives, assist with the organisation of outreach events and conduct market research to understand better its audiences (domestic helpers and their employers).
- Help to analyse the impact of marketing initiatives (website traffic via google analytics, SEM, reports on our FB activities and campaigns).
- Conduct and coordinate market research and surveys to understand audiences (foreign domestic workers and employers).
- Map and source information on potential relevant partners (companies dealing with FDWs, embassies, churches, mosques, other non-profit organization, chambers of commerce, clubs, relevant organisations in Indonesia, Philippines, etc.)
- Help to update and clean the prospective student database, contribute to analyse the profiles of students and their employers.
- Contribute to the implementation of the CRM tool Communications.
- Gather, sort and select relevant videos and update Aidha’s YouTube channel. Contribute to create new videos to promote Aidha’s programmes and activities.
- Gather, sort and select relevant quotes/ stories from students, mentors and employers to create a quote library. Coordinate with students, volunteers and employers to get new quotes/ testimonials.
- Assist the team with the organisation of outreach events or other events on campus.
- Background in marketing and/ or communications
- Strong writing English and good communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proactive and able to multi-task
- Dependability, professional
- Flexibility with schedule
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: Please note, the start and end dates for each internship will be determined by intern discussion with employer/host organization. Each internship will be at least 8 weeks in duration.|
Indicates that deadline has passed