Programs > Brochure
Boston University Madrid University Studies Program
Madrid, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Program Type:||Study Abroad (semester)||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Language Prerequisite:||Yes||Program Adviser:||Erica Sebastian|
At the UAM, students choose three elective courses from a wide variety of subjects across the university’s seven “facultades” (faculties). Courses are offered in areas including anthropology, archaeology, art history, cinema, economics, law, philosophy, political science, psychology, science, sociology and Spanish culture, language, literature and history. Students also enroll in an advanced-level seminar on contemporary Spain with other program participants. In addition, students participate in semester-long tutorials that assist them with their university coursework.
Courses:All program participants will take one required core course, the "Seminar on Contemporary Spain." In addition program participants will choose three additional elective courses at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. All courses are taught in Spanish. More course information is available on the BU program website.
This program has a language pre-requisite of SPA 207 or equivalent. For Princeton approval, participants must have at least a 3.0/ B average for the fall and spring semesters prior to the semester of study abroad.
Grading & Credits:For information regarding credits, grading, and other academic policies, read the Academic Policies on the Study Abroad website.
Application ProcessStudents interested in applying to this program must complete two separate processes:
- Apply directly to the program. Visit the program website directly for application instructions and deadlines. Please note that program application deadlines are often earlier than Princeton approval deadlines.
- Complete the Princeton approval process. You may download the course approval form and instructions from your GPS application. Click “apply now” on this brochure to access these items.
ResourcesStart planning your study abroad experience!
- Make an appointment with a study abroad adviser
- Contact a Global Ambassador
- Attend an OIP event or info session
|Dates / Deadlines:|