Programs > Brochure
Singapore, Singapore (Outgoing Program)
|Partner Institution/Organization Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Princeton applicants only|
|Dept Offering Program:||International Internship Program (IIP)||Program Type:||Internship|
|Language Prerequisite:||No||Degree Level:||1st year u/g students, 2nd year u/g students, 3rd year u/g students|
|Time Away:||Summer||Housing options:||Student Responsibilty with support from IIP and/or Host Organization|
|Program Group:||International Internship Program|
About: Impact Investment Exchange (IIX) is a Singapore-based Social Enterprise (SE) dedicated to creating vibrant social capital markets in Asia Pacific. Impact Investment Exchange Asia Pte Ltd and its group of companies (collectively “IIX”) brings +8 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting Wall Street to the backstreets of communities in the Asia Pacific region. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience. To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +35 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors. This IIP placement offers an opportunity for interns to experience impact investing and innovative financial solutions for development in the field, providing the opportunity to participate in and contribute to positive social and environmental change throughout the Asia Pacific region. IIP interns will receive exposure to the pioneering work in Impact Investing space and cutting edge innovations in finance and development, which provides real time solutions to the problems faced on the ground.
Intern Responsibilities: IIP intern will work on one or more of the following teams:
- Corporate Finance and Impact Assessment Team: This IIP intern will assist the Impact Partners team to conduct Impact Enterprise (IE) and investor outreach. This IIP intern will also work with and assess impact enterprises to prepare them for Impact Partners listing (examining financial reports, business plans, understanding capital needs), guiding them to be investor-ready and managing their capital raising process. This work will include financial modelling and analysis, process management and building trusted relationships. The impact assessment work involves the measurement and communication of the social and environmental impact that IEs are having. Impact assessment work also involves providing detailed projection and data collection tools as well as recommendations, to help magnify the social and environmental performance of an IE as well as to enhance the transparency and accountability to stakeholders and funders.
- Business Development and Advisory Team: This IIP intern will assist the business development team which initiates and cultivates important relationships and initiatives that result in strategic partnerships. The business development team supports the development of new products, services and projects that IIX is researching and/or test-launching. Outreach to build a local and regional network of ecosystem partners who will contribute and support the long-term sustainability of IEs will also be a critical role. The business development team focuses on marketing and developing IIX products and services that fulfill a need in the IE and impact investment community in Asia. The IIP intern will also contribute to the research and analysis of the Impact enterprise sector in Asia. This includes countrywide, sector-specific or ecosystem-targeted research as well as broader policy perspectives. These research efforts will culminate in published reports that are widely disseminated across the region. The business development team straddles the work of IIX and IIX Foundation.
- Capital Markets Team: This IIP intern will assist the Capital Markets team which supports the structuring of pooled credit vehicles such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, while also contributing to IIX's other areas of work. The team performs credit analysis on IEs and Micro-finance Initiatives (MFIs) shortlisted as potential borrowers under the various sustainability bond structures and provides financial analysis and full credit reports on selected IEs and MFIs. The IIP intern will also assist in raising and structuring credit facilities and/or investment capital for IEs and MFIs through participation in the transaction process.
- Knowledge Management Team: This IIP intern will work with the IIX team to continue building strategic messaging and initiatives that promote the impact investing and IE space in Asia-Pacific. Responsibilities include working closely across all functions of IIX and IIX Foundation to continue building a cohesive and compelling story of how social capital markets will influence sustainable development in Asia. This IIP intern will also support the Knowledge Management team to promote the courses of IIX Impact Institute, which empower stakeholders to participate in the Impact Investing Space.
- IIX Growth Fund (IGF): The IIX Growth Fund (IGF) is a US$50M, for-profit, growth capital fund that invests in lmpact Enterprises bringing inclusive growth to South and Southeast Asia, particularly in Bangladesh, Indonesia and Myanmar. Investing across multiple sectors and countries in the region, the Fund delivers market level financial returns together with high positive social impact. IGF focuses on education, agriculture, energy, water, sanitation and the healthcare sectors.
IGF’s summer program focuses on pipeline building and exploring investment opportunities in the selected countries and sectors. The IIP intern will support IGF's activities in target markets, assist to conduct investment research and due diligence activities as well as support the team’s fund raising efforts for IGF. The IIP intern may also assist the team on the active management of portfolio companies – including on-going monitoring of portfolio companies, preparing monthly operational and financial performance reports and/or information memos for quarterly board meetings.
Qualifications: IIP candidates with interests in finance, capital markets, project management,marketing and business development are encouraged to apply. A strong background private equity/investment sectors and working history in international development would be an asset. An interest in Asia and knowledge of a regional Asian language would be a plus.
|Dates / Deadlines:|